Re: Unicode 15

From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh
Subject: Re: Unicode 15
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 22:15:32 +0530

Thanks! I should not change it then and instead verify the double width characters

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 10:12 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh <lumarzeli30@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 21:56:03 +0530
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> admin/notes/unicode says that the zero-width characters are not taken from EastAsianWidth.txt and also
> there are some zero width characters defined in that which are not present in the char-width-table in
> lisp/international/characters.el, so should I include them there or is there some other location from where
> I have to verify the zero width characters?

Emacs doesn't really display zero-width characters as having zero
width, certainly not on TTY frames, where char-width-table is most
important.  So I don't think we should change this, not in general.
But if there are specific characters where we really display them as
nothing, we could discuss that case by case.