Re: "Eager macro-expansion failure: (excessive-variable-binding)"

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: "Eager macro-expansion failure: (excessive-variable-binding)"
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 19:03:04 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> I cannot say I like the fix.  It's too much ado about a single obscure
> variable.

Like I said earlier, I wonder whether we should do something in general
with the `safe-local-variable' things to avoid these issues for all
variables -- to make it easier to use them without pulling in the files
they're defined in.  It could make Emacs more efficient in general in
the long run.

I'm not sure what that would look like, though.  Putting them into
ldefs-boot.el "manually" this way isn't pretty...