Re: Supporting stylistic sets

From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh
Subject: Re: Supporting stylistic sets
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:57:41 +0530

> I was trying to add stylistic sets in Emacs.

Thanks.  We have a TODO item for that, please see it.

Yes I had read it and also the mailing list discussion linked there.

How did you envision this font property to be used in Emacs?

The etc/TODO item for that suggests to implement this as a text
property instead.  That is, of course, not carved in stone, but I
think we should in any case decide on how this will be used from Lisp
before we talk about how to expose it to Lisp.

I imagined that it would be something like this:

  (set-fontset-font t 'bengali
   (font-spec :family "Tiro Bangla"
      :stylistic-set '("ss03")))

  (set-face-attribute 'default nil
     :font "Fira Code"
     :weight 'regular
     :height 170
     :stylistic-set '("cv01" "ss05" "ss03"))

Just like how weight, foundry, size etc are set and they seem to be font properties.