Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 20:54:09 +0100

On Sun, Oct 02 2022, Manuel Uberti wrote:

> On 02/10/22 16:42, João Távora wrote:
>> None of this makes any difference to the fact that Eglot is the best
>> name for referring to exactly what Eglot is.
>
> FWIW, because I seem to be in the minority here, I really like the name Eglot.

FWIW, let me mention that i absolutely agree with you, for essentially
the same reasons as you, and also:

  - using a search engine to get help about something not working for
    'eglot' is much easier than any of the "discoverable" alternatives;

  - original names are part of the joy of programming, and developers
    working hard for free software do deserve some joy (exaggerating,
    should we rename emacs to "editor" and GNU to
    "free-operating-system-similar-to-unix"? :))

cheers,
jao
--
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could
do only a little. -Edmund Burke, statesman and writer (1729-1797)