Re: master 570a11052b: keymap.el: Ease up support for non-`kbd` formats.

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master 570a11052b: keymap.el: Ease up support for non-`kbd` formats.
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 21:53:55 +0200

(Gah, wrong address again...  I really should fix that ecomplete thing
you suggested the other week, because otherwise "emacs-devel@gnus.org"
is going to be my emacs-devel completion forever.)

> So it makes no sense to force people through (key-parse (key-description
> <vector>)) when they have a low-level vector keysequence to start with.

The sense it makes is that `key-parse' takes one and only one syntax --
which is easy to conceptualise.  If they have a key representation in a
different format (for historical or other reasons), they should
translate that to the advertised format like that.

We've been over this before, several times.  I understand that you
disagree, but you're not saying anything new.