Re: Persistent failure to lookup hostname

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Persistent failure to lookup hostname
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 09:24:36 -0400

Eli Zaretskii [2022-10-04 09:51:44] wrote:
>> Does anyone here have an idea why `getaddrinfo` might return an outdated
>> error, or whether it could come from elsewhere?  Or how/where I might
>> find a kind of DNS cache that would be process-local rather
>> than systemwide?
> Is it certain that the problem is specific to that single process?

No.  But it's certain that it's not system-wide because all the other
processes (including a fresh new Emacs session, and an older Emacs
session that rarely/never uses network connections) I tried had no
problem resolving that same address.

It very definitely looks specific to that process.

> Did you try flushing and renewing the system's DNS cache with the
> appropriate shell commands?

I don't know that I have such a thing on this system.

        Stefan