Re: Persistent failure to lookup hostname

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Persistent failure to lookup hostname
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 16:41:49 +0200

    Stefan> Indeed, they may also be sent to "the wrong" nameserver (e.g. the
    Stefan> nameserver that was to be used back when I was working in that café
the
    Stefan> other day).

Thatʼs why some of the GNU/Linux dns implementations have a
resolv.conf that points you at localhost, and then they run a daemon
that takes care of the actual DNS queries and updating the resolver
IPs (I have a vague memory of dnsmasq doing that, and maybe
systemd-resolvd, but I have no such abominations on my system 😀)

Robert