Re: Call for volunteers: add tree-sitter support to major modes

From: Theodor Thornhill
Subject: Re: Call for volunteers: add tree-sitter support to major modes
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 23:12:16 +0200

> Theodor Thornhill <theo@thornhill.no> writes:
>
>> Also, how should we mandate what modes get the new tree-sitter support?
>
> Why not all of them (within reason, e.g. let's skip joke languages)?
>
>> It is pretty fast to add new modes, and adding support for languages not
>> already supported in core, such as say, golang, should be very feasible.
>> But maybe that is something that should live in elpa?
>
> What would be the reasons not to have it in core?  I think such support
> should already be there, myself.

I have no idea, but people seem to get really angry when someone
suggests moving stuff to core...

Well, anyways - I've already started making support for the languages I
use over at [0], and they should be easy additions when they too are
mature.  If you want, I can continue this work.  Or just submit that
repo to ELPA sometime in the future?

Theo

[0]: https://git.sr.ht/~theo/tree-sitter-modes/tree