Re: Call for volunteers: add tree-sitter support to major modes

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Call for volunteers: add tree-sitter support to major modes
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 18:04:23 -0400

> I would like to keep all of CC Mode's user features in the new mode, if
> at all possible.  I don't know how easy it will be, for example, to keep
> CC Mode's indentation styles working in the new mode.

I suspect this will take a while.  But we're not aiming that high: we
want to offer a "basic" tree-sitter functionality in Emacs-29.1 so users
can start trying it out and using it if they like it (but they can also
just keep using the current CC-mode engine if the tree-sitter code is
not flexible for them yet) and then we can try and integrate the
indentation styles at a later time.

        Stefan