Re: A TAB operation reform question.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: A TAB operation reform question.
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 12:25:21 +0200

Thibaut Verron wrote:

> If I understand correctly, the point of the suggested change
> is to give a straightforward way for packages to implement
> their wanted behavior at the tab key, all while making it easy
> for users to prevent a complete hijack of the key.

You save the original functions for the keymaps involved, then
write your own function.

Then write yet another function, a wrapper or interface, that
branches according to some condition - either execute the
original function for the current keymap, or execute the
other, new function..

Then bind the wrapper/interface function to TAB.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal