Re: Suppressing native compilation (short and long term)

From: Lynn Winebarger
Subject: Re: Suppressing native compilation (short and long term)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 18:26:20 -0400

On Mon, Oct 17, 2022, 3:34 AM Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org> wrote:
Lynn Winebarger <owinebar@gmail.com> writes:
> Also, my understanding from this conversation is that trampolines may be required at run-time that aren't known at
> build-time.

The list of primitives is known at build time, so is the list of
possibly needed trampolines.

Dumb question: if trampolines are only used for primitives from the C source code, could they be generated as C code at build time?  That would eliminate the issue entirely and make the semantics of advising primitives not depend on whether native compilation enabled.

Lynn