Re: Copyright assignment

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Copyright assignment
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 00:44:01 -0700

> Yes.  AFAIK it hasn't changed much if at all for the last 20 years.
> Its purpose is to be a stable starting point, so the paperwork they send
> you in response can evolve as needed.

FWIW, coreutils don't have people ask on the mailing list about this,
they just have this note in their HACKING file:

  The forms to choose from are in gnulib's doc/Copyright/ directory.
  If you want to assign a single change, you should use the file,
  doc/Copyright/request-assign.changes:

      https://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/Copyright/request-assign.changes

  If you would like to assign past and future contributions to a project,
  you'd use doc/Copyright/request-assign.future:

      https://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/Copyright/request-assign.future

I think doing the same would save us some work and help cut down on the
noise on these lists.