Re: master 55eabe96c9: ; Improve manual for Tramp kubernetes method

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: master 55eabe96c9: ; Improve manual for Tramp kubernetes method
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 11:53:19 +0200

Filipp Gunbin <fgunbin@fastmail.fm> writes:

Hi Filipp,

> +@samp{kubectl get pods} returns pods in the current context and
> +namespace.  Current namespace can be changed with @samp{kubectl config
> +set-context --current --namespace=<name>}.  After invoking this or
> +other command which modifies Kubernetes environment outside of Emacs,
> +call @code{tramp-cleanup-all-connections} to reset Tramp cache data.

Can we automate this? I mean, when pod data are cached, and Tramp
detects a changed namespace, the cached data should be flushed?

Tramp does something similar with other connection methods, for example
it checks "uname -sr" on remote hosts, and caches the result. Whenever a
new connection to a host is established, Tramp calls again "uname -sr",
and compares with the cached value. If the values differ, all cached
data for this connection are flushed.

Is there a similar way to retieve (and cache) the current context and
namespace for pods?

Best regards, Michael.