Re: master 55eabe96c9: ; Improve manual for Tramp kubernetes method

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: master 55eabe96c9: ; Improve manual for Tramp kubernetes method
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 22:43:07 +0700

On Tue, 25 Oct 2022 at 21:51, Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> wrote:

+    […] It should
+    return a string which is used to check, whether the
+    configuration of the remote host has been changed (which
+    would require to flush the cache data).

> > Comma not needed?
>
> Don't know. In the Tramp sources, both "check, whether" and "check
> whether" is used, so it is inconsistent at all :-) Let's keep it, until
> somebody teaches me to change it this way or the other in all places.

“whether the configuration <…> has been changed” is a subordinate (aka
dependent) clause. In English, those are separated with a comma only
when coming before the main clause. Here, it comes after the main
clause, so a comma looks like a Germanism.