Re: vc-find-revision-no-save?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: vc-find-revision-no-save?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 20:14:44 +0300

On 24.10.2022 19:02, Philip Kaludercic wrote:
If that is the motivation, is there a reason the files are stored on the
current working directory, instead of using /tmp or ~/.cache?  I have
set that option to t which is a great improvement IMO, as I don't want
to fill up my working directory with temporary files.

I don't really have a strong opinion. But I suppose if one wanted to rename the newly created file to its base name (removing the rev suffix), it's easier to do if the file is in the same dir.

The variable was added by Juri just recently, and all the work before that was done by Dan Nicolaescu and ESR, neither of who are active on the development lists anymore. You could shoot them a message, though.