Re: [ELPA] New package: use-package

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: use-package
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 12:50:34 -0400

> No harm really. "use-package-ensure-system-package.el" was ignored
> because MELPA recipe ignores it, and ".travis.yml" was ignored by my own
> common sense :)
>
> Happy to be corrected by John (or anyone with inside knowledge).

Usually we prefer to err on the side of including useless files and only
ignoring harmful files (often the harm is that it unduly increases the
size of the tarball).  E.g. many packages ignore the GPLv3 LICENSE file
because its size is considered too large in proportion to the rest of
the package (a copy of the GPLv3 already comes with Emacs), but in the
case of `use-package` I suspect that the tarball is large enough that
including LICENSE wouldn't do much harm.

        Stefan