Re: feature/package+vc 04c4c578c7 3/4: Allow for packages to be installe

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: feature/package+vc 04c4c578c7 3/4: Allow for packages to be installed directly from VCS
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 16:13:54 -0400

Which form(s) of the code the act of loading an ELPA package installs
in the user's machine in the current master.  The source files?  The
byte-compiled files?  Native-compiled files?  It varies based on
circumstances?

Knowing this would help me understand some of the issues of
what new commands to check out the package repos ought to do
in order to fit in well with existing usage.