Re: Implementation direction for shell-script-mode with tree-sitter

From: João Paulo Labegalini de Carvalho
Subject: Re: Implementation direction for shell-script-mode with tree-sitter
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 08:23:12 -0600

From where I stand, the single most important improvement from using
tree-sitter in shell-mode buffers is to solve the problems with
fontifications in tricky cases like here-documents etc.  These are a
source of constant stream of bug reports, when people expect us to do
a decent job in those cases.  I hope tree-sitter could solve that once
and for all.

Eli, if you could send some of those bug reports, that would be great. I can use them as test cases for what I am working on.
--
João Paulo L. de Carvalho
Ph.D Computer Science |  IC-UNICAMP | Campinas , SP - Brazil