Re: Initial fontification in sh-mode with tree-sittter

From: João Paulo Labegalini de Carvalho
Subject: Re: Initial fontification in sh-mode with tree-sittter
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 18:48:33 -0600

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 6:18 PM Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com> wrote:
Are those faces really needed?  Is it not enough with just the
font-lock-* faces we already have?

They are not needed but might be desirable for users that want to highlight those parts of the code that do not have a font-lock* face to them.
Would it be better to define them as font-lock faces instead?

If the answer is that we do need them, should they really be marked
private?  I thought the point of a face was allowing users and themes to
customize them.

You are right, those should not be private.

--
João Paulo L. de Carvalho
Ph.D Computer Science |  IC-UNICAMP | Campinas , SP - Brazil