Re: emacs-repository-{version|branch} on Windows

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacs-repository-{version|branch} on Windows
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 15:28:21 -0400

Eli Zaretskii [2022-11-04 20:51:33] wrote:
>> Is this usual? Should it be mentioned on some README? (Or perhaps it is
>> already and I did miss it.)
>
> I see no reason to decide that this has anything to do with Emacs.
> That's a slippery slope, especially given that no one is lately
> interested in maintaining the Windows port of Emacs.

If this is an instance of a more general problem that were able to
describe in a meaningful way, I guess it could be added in
`etc/PROBLEMS`, assuming it's a problem that can be common among Windows
users, some of whom might have no other exposure to Unix-style
applications other than via Emacs.

Obviously if it's just for `emacs-repository-{version|branch}` it's not
worth the trouble.

        Stefan