Re: Making `eglot-server-programs' a custom variable?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Making `eglot-server-programs' a custom variable?
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 11:34:46 +0200

> From: Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 10:18:43 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > The intent is for this variable to include enough servers to make it
> > unnecessary to add to the list.
>
> Ok, that's a different story.  Would it then make sense to add a comment
> to the manual about each server and if they work on the platforms Emacs
> runs?

IMO, that'd be too much stuff that is not really related to Emacs.

> Currently, "digestif" doesn't run on Windows, "texlab" (see
> below) does.  I know, this is work and possibly out of Eglot's scope,
> but it could give users some direction.

Users need to read the documentation of the servers they want to
install anyway.  We cannot provide that in Emacs, in the same way we
don't provide this information about other programs Emacs uses.

> > Is the LSP server you needed to add still missing from the database
> > currently on master?  If so, please suggest the addition(s).
>
> The addition would look like this:

Thanks, I'll let João comment on this.