Re: Adding use-package to core

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Adding use-package to core
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 20:43:51 -0800

> I would personally like to see the package in core if at all possible, and
> John has also expressed interest in that. Personally I'd prefer if
> development continues in core after upstreaming, but it is upto John to
> decide. I know that Modus-themes and Org both are developed out of tree, and
> only merged in when the package version is bumped. Which means history is
> lost, but clearly that hasn't been a problem and maintainers of those
> packages prefer it.

I'm entirely in support of the code and its development moving directly into
core. Whichever best supports the Emacs developers and the needs of the
community, since it is more than likely that future work will be carried out
by others. I'm ready to hand it off in whatever way is desired by the team
here.