Re: Help sought understanding shorthands wrt modules/packages

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Help sought understanding shorthands wrt modules/packages
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 13:41:46 +0200

On 14.11.2022 08:33, João Távora wrote:
believe it was reasonably low).  But you're right, the benefits of
shorthands so far are just programmer convenience for libraries outside
of Emacs.  I've enjoyed using them, and I would guess a small number of
programmers are also taking advantage of them them in some side
projects, judging from a quick GitHub code search.
My own search on GitHub has yielded nothing so far.
I searched for 'read-symbol-shorthands' and turned up hits like this

https://github.com/include-yy/yyorg-bookmark/blob/47602869ad19853957cddfe01a81a04a9e3bda1c/yyorg-bookmark.el
https://github.com/mm--/dot-emacs/blob/2387d914a93fbd72b54e389a030b5dd0459a1c3b/elisp/jmm-notmuch-stuff.el
https://github.com/abgruszecki/dotfiles/blob/ba6763d0eade0f62ecc543e9a46501241aa88138/spacemacs/.spacemacs.d/bespoke.el
https://github.com/mm--/dot-emacs/blob/3ae1274e9de1641c6338a98b9659ce69477fbd0b/elisp/jmm-inkscape.el
https://github.com/ilmotta/dotemacs/blob/a6ecf9b415468b023ac070f958a084021c4db398/lisp/lib-media.el

along with my beardbolt.el library.  I don't know what you were
searching for.

Searched for exact same thing. Got pages and pages of hits in different forks of the Emacs repo.

Cool, so some people do enjoy it.