Re: Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: Re: Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 07:59:18 +0100

> My main worry with these changes, along with the popularity of LSP is
> that while they are technological improvements, they all happen at the
> deterioration of Emacs' introspectability, increasing the effort it
> takes for the user to make changes.  IIUC you can't reload a .el file or
> just a singular _expression_ if you want to change how completion via
> Eglot or how imenu works via Tree Sitter.  A simple hack becomes a
> weekend project.  This is not an unconditional good.

That's a very good point. My .02 cents of experience with eglot/treesit:

while I'm happy it works now on my multi-OS setup and I can seamlessly switch computers, it took me a lot of time to understand and duck-duck-go and set up. On top of that, there are some things I still don't completely understand and can't explore on the *scratch* buffer and/or slime.

And yes, I've also tried tree-sitter for Python on my Linux and it makes me wonder what the real gain is, because I'm using the plain python-mode on the other systems and I can't feel a compelling argument to switch.

At least that was the case with eglot ;-) and this is why I've stayed with it.

Happy new year (the 365 days of it)
/PA

Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet