Re: Is it expected to have reserved "system.el"?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Is it expected to have reserved "system.el"?
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 14:34:55 +0200

> Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 12:49:01 +0300
> From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
>
> Personally I have already my `system.el' which deals with various
> functions for the computer, such as fan speed, WiFi connection, SD
> card, mounting disks, and similar.
>
> Then I use my own function `system-move-file-to-trash' as recommended
> by Emacs function `move-file-to-trash'. It indicates to me that there
> may be other functions asking for users to define new functions which
> are specifically system based.
>
> And from there I am thinking that maybe developers wish to reserve the
> prefix `system-' for users, so that users can develop such functions
> relevant to system.
>
> I cannot find references in Emacs manual to this.
>
> Are there are functions in Emacs that are expected to be defined by
> user with prefix `system-'?
>
> Is it notion or idea that such functions exist?

I don't understand these questions, and therefore cannot answer them.

Please provide more concrete details: which code you tried to use, and
what was the exact message you saw (please cite the message exactly as
shown by Emacs).  Without these details, I cannot understand what
exactly happened in your case.