Re: CC Mode troubles and Emacs 29

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: CC Mode troubles and Emacs 29
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 18:56:06 +0200

> Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 15:48:12 +0000
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de>
>
> On Mon, Jan 09, 2023 at 21:49:20 +0800, Po Lu wrote:
> > Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > > Is there a bug number for this issue? if so, could you please tell
> > > what it is?
>
> One of the bugs is bug #59671.

I see no user-facing problems with the recipe there.  It sounds like
you are discussing some internal feature of CC mode that potentially
misbehaves in that case.  Why should I, as a user, care?  More
importantly, why should I, as an Emacs maintainer, be worried due to
this problem, which Po Lu described as a "major regression"?  I don't
even see a regression, let alone a major one.  What did I miss?