Re: Tab-Bar at bottom

From: Peter
Subject: Re: Tab-Bar at bottom
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 20:08:22 +0100

> Sorry, I don't understand, I've never seen any such problems in EXWM.
> The tab-bar is at the top, and a client window with tabs is below
> like on this screenshot:
> https://github.com/ch11ng/exwm/issues/638#issuecomment-559912638

Yes, that is "the problem". Normally I can just move the mouse to the
very top of the screen and assume I'm hitting a tab (in Firefox for
example). So I just need to get the horizontal motion right, vertically
it's very easy to hit (just go all the way up, can't overshoot).

However, now I can't do that, I have to move *down* a bit.

This is a problem specific to my use of the tab-bar, if I were using it
for actual *tabs* (and not as some sort of global information bar), this
would be a different story. However, I thought I'd ask whether there
might be any interest in having an option to move the tab-bar to the
very bottom. If this is a feature that might be acceptable for inclusion
in Emacs, I could try and see whether I can implement it ;)

Thanks and greetings,
Peter