treesit-language-source-alist: Presets and/or custom variable?

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: treesit-language-source-alist: Presets and/or custom variable?
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 12:50:19 +0100

Hi all,

just for the fun of it, I eval'd:

(setq treesit-language-source-alist
      '((python . ("https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-bash.git";))
        (markdown . ("https://github.com/ikatyang/tree-sitter-markdown.git";))
        (rust . ("https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-rust.git";))
        (elisp . ("https://github.com/Wilfred/tree-sitter-elisp.git";))))

and did `M-x treesit-install-language-grammar RET LANG RET' four times
with languages above.  I'm on Win10, so Emacs built 4 .dll files and put
them under ~/.emacs.d/tree-sitter/ -- that went smooth.  In order to
make this more convenient for others, would it make sense to preset this
variable with parsers available from this site[1]?

Further, it seems to me that this is a user-settable variable, so I'd
suggest to make it customizable.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  https://tree-sitter.github.io/tree-sitter/#available-parsers