Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New package: ekg

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New package: ekg
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 12:27:43 +0300

* Andrew Hyatt <ahyatt@gmail.com> [2023-01-17 08:21]:
> It's been a few weeks since this proposal.  Besides Jean's feedback, I
> haven't heard whether or not this package is acceptable, so I'm guessing
> the timing of me sending this during holidays was probably unfortunate.
> Could a maintainer please take a look and let me know?

> > This is a note-taking app in the same PKMS space as org-roam, but
> > also can store other things as well - maybe one way to put it is
> > that it's a way you can either creates notes with tags, or attach
> > notes and tags to existing resources. Those resources now are just
> > URLs but can be expanded later.

Please include or support Emacs 29 version with SQLite built-in. Is it
possible?

ekg--should-show-id-p: Symbol’s function definition is void: ffap-url-p

> > One of the notable design choices is that this is built on top of
> > my triples package (which has been added to GNU ELPA), and so
> > everything, notes, tags, URLs, and all, is stored in a sqlite
> > database.

I have predicted for myself that many similar packages would coming,
since the inception of built-in SQLite in Emacs. Those there were
other packages, it will become much easier to provide single-user
database based note taking applications.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman