Re: Consideration for Rust contributions in Emacs

From: Bob Rogers
Subject: Re: Consideration for Rust contributions in Emacs
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:08:17 -0800

   From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
   Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 21:56:16 +0200

   > Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:44:20 -0800
   > From: Bob Rogers <rogers@rgrjr.com>
   >
   >    A good example is the machinery that triggers redisplay and how it
   >    integrates into the Emacs "main loop".
   >
   > I try really hard to stay out of redisplay.  ;-}

   I didn't mean redisplay itself, I meant the way it is triggered in
   Emacs.

Ah, I guess I never needed to make the distinction.

   IME, many people don't understand that, and, for example, think that
   scroll commands actually scroll the text in the window.  Which, of
   course, is not what happens.

That I've seen, from watching emacs repaint after scrolling over a slow
connection.

                                        -- Bob