Re: Android port (was: gnulib fsusage)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Android port (was: gnulib fsusage)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 12:54:12 +0300

We have important fact at hand that there is more and more
Android-based operating systems. They tend to remove Google's
surveillance, and some of them tend to be "free" (quoted), and may not
be perfect as they may include blobs in kernel or drivers.

There is also new trend of efforts to provide fully free phones.

I cannot know if this OS has tendency to be fully free, but is based
on Android:

https://calyxos.org/

And some others:
https://itsfoss.com/android-distributions-roms/

Upcoming trends:
----------------

1. New OS-es based on Android
2. New OS-es not-based on Android
3. Phones coming to market being more and more free

Thus making an Android-based Emacs is more than useful for future.

Another interesting reference:

zielmicha/emacs-android: Emacs port to Android.:
https://github.com/zielmicha/emacs-android

Which runs Emacs in modified emulator.

--
Jean