Re: [External] : Re: A feature to go to last edit locations

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: A feature to go to last edit locations
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 21:28:59 +0100

>> Eli said something important, why go somewhere back randomly, but
>> better going where user marked it to need it.
>          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Now I get it with single click: S-C-<down> to record point and then
>> S-C-<left> and <right> to go to previous or next one.
>
> You are reinventing (part of) what bookmarks do.
>
> If you don't want to have to name bookmarks for this, then you can use
> autonamed bookmarks:
>
> https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BookmarkPlus#AutonamedBookmarks

With C-x r f <KEY> there’s something even more powerful: save the full
frame configuration to a register (for example before starting a hunt
towards some reference or investigating something in depth).

Then use C-x r j <KEY> to restore the precise frame configuration with
buffers and buffer locations.

If you pair that with exwm, it provides you precise snapshots of desktop
configurations.

Best wishes,
Arne
--