Re: Qt can now survive Wayland compositor restarts

From: Madhu
Subject: Re: Qt can now survive Wayland compositor restarts
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 07:11:17 +0530

* Arsen Arsenović <86a60j1q55.fsf @aarsen.me> :
Wrote on Sat, 11 Mar 2023 12:23:28 +0100:
> Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:
>>> Reassuring, thanks for the info.  I'll try making some time to do the
>>> same for PGTK, though I can't promise anything.
>>
>> Do what?
>
> A separate UI thread.

AIUI all gtk calls have to happen on the default main context and so on
the.  Even if this is a different thread, the issues around locking the
default main context make the glib mainloop go mad.

There's a lot of history, too much of it, so it obscures. I think the
bug I filed is at https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/2315

[In your case I think the _exit() there only to prevent the glib main
loop from spamming errors when it gets into an inconsistent state, the
issues are in glib, but I've not refreshed my unreliable memory]