Re: New unwind-protect byte-compiler warning

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: New unwind-protect byte-compiler warning
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 19:40:03 +0200

30 mars 2023 kl. 10.01 skrev Mattias Engdegård <mattias.engdegard@gmail.com>:

> This will eventually leave some warnings claimed by no-one for me to take on,
> which will be done in a conservative way, maybe after a week.

This has now been done. Two warnings remain but Basil has promising patches for
them in the bug tracker.

Also thanks to Michael who fixed a few tramp-related warnings. Michael, here's
a bonus for you uncovered by an experimental compiler change (that I didn't end
up applying):

> (defun tramp-sshfs-handle-insert-file-contents
>   (filename &optional visit beg end replace)
>   "Like `insert-file-contents' for Tramp files."
>   (setq filename (expand-file-name filename))
>   (let (signal-hook-function result)
>     (unwind-protect
>         (setq result
>             (insert-file-contents
>              (tramp-fuse-local-file-name filename) visit beg end replace))
>       (when visit (setq buffer-file-name filename))
>       (cons filename (cdr result)))))

The last unwind form seems to expect its value to be used, but it is really
discarded. Perhaps it's just a misplaced bracket?