Re: master 2ef6f943abd: Add option to control default outlining in 'C-h

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 2ef6f943abd: Add option to control default outlining in 'C-h b'
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 09:45:36 +0300

> From: Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de>
> Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 03:13:40 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> +                      (cons :tag "Custom function returns non-nil"
> +                            (const custom-function) function)))
>
> AFAIU this tag is misleading, though: `outline-default-rules's doc tells
> that "[...] the function being expected to toggle the heading
> visibility."  Specifying a predicate functions doesn't suffice.

Feel free to suggest a better tag, TIA.  Bonus points for untangling
the IMNSHO confusing documentation of outline-default-rules in these
areas (e.g., what does "function is expected to toggle the heading
visibility" even mean??) and fixing that and the related tags as well.
I simply had no time for that, sorry, and saying just "Custom
function" without any hint what that function should do seemed like a
bad idea.