Re: ELPA: New package nano-dialog

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: ELPA: New package nano-dialog
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 12:42:15 +0000

"Nicolas P. Rougier (inria)" <nicolas.rougier@inria.fr> writes:

> Nicolas P. Rougier (inria) [2023-04-19 at 09:19] wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> I would like to submit a new package to ELPA which is a library for
>> creating native dialog popups. Those popups are child frames where:
>> - header line is used to show the (optional) header
>> - mode line is used to show (optional) clickable buttons
>> - buttons can be highlighted with cursor (tooltips hack)
>> - dialog content is a regular buffer
>> Usage example:
>> (nano-dialog nil :title "Dialog title" :buttons '("OK" "CANCEL"))
>> The library is hosted at https://github.com/rougier/nano-dialog and
>> the README displays what it looks like.
>> Best,
>> Nicolas
>
> Hi all,
>
> Any comments on this package for inclusion in ELPA?

One nice thing would be if you could provide an .elpaignore file so that
the screenshot is not included in the tarball.

Your user options all lack types, that should be addressed.  You should
probably also run checkdoc and address those issues.

My general question (and the reason I did not respond to the issue the
first time I saw your message), is that I am not sure what this package
provides over built-in functionality like yes-or-no-p or
read-multiple-choice.  Is this a library for another package of yours?