Re: ELPA: New package nano-dialog

From: Nicolas P. Rougier (inria)
Subject: Re: ELPA: New package nano-dialog
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 16:20:11 +0100

Philip Kaludercic [2023-04-25 at 14:13] wrote:
"Nicolas P. Rougier (inria)" <nicolas.rougier@inria.fr> writes:

> It's actually redundant with minibuffer interaction but it > also offers > more options. I'm mosly using it to display nano-agenda for > quick > interaction without disturbing windows layout.
How would minibuffer interaction disturb the window layout?

Not necessarily the minibuffer, but for example org-capture. I personally prefer to have a small dedicated popup. It could also be used for important notifications that are would be more salient than a mere message.
> There are > probably many > more use. For example it could serve as a replacement for > system
> dialog

Does it work on on the TUI?

Yes. Not as pretty but it works.

Nicolas

--
Nicolas P. Rougier —— www.labri.fr/perso/nrougier
Institute of Neurodegenerative Diseases, Bordeaux