Re: [NonGNU Elpa] New package: ETT

From: John Task
Subject: Re: [NonGNU Elpa] New package: ETT
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 11:07:24 -0300

Thanks for the reply.

> Since Emacs has Org and todo-mode, which both seem to fit the above
> description, it would be good to know what makes this particular
> package stand out.

This is (partially) answered by the manual, specially in the
"Alternatives" section, but I'll try to give a better overview here.

Basically, ETT is largely modeled after "modern" time trackers, which
not only track time but also gather statistics, display graphs,
support setting goals, and (the most important thing) are easy to use.
ETT is indeed designed to be easy to use; knowing three or four
commands allows anyone to use it.  Given the set of features it
offers, this fact alone makes it stand out.

However, this is not even the relevant thing.  ETT is designed to be
extensible and to extend other programs as well.  That's why the user
doesn't have to choose between Org and ETT; they can use both, and it
would be a great choice too, as each one shines in its area.  An
example of such integration is detailed in the "Org integration"
section from the manual.

Best regards.