Re: Bug?

From: Shynur Xie
Subject: Re: Bug?
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 14:58:09 +0000

> From: Mattias Engdegård
> Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 12:44:57 +0200
>
> It indeed seems that `highlight` on dark background is a bit too
> timid. What about, say, #006090 instead of darkolivegreen?

Thanks.  But did you notice that all the faces defined in
<lisp/faces.el> use "pre-defined color names" instead of "#RRGGBB"?
I'm a little worried that if we use "#RRGGBB", it might be not
intuitive and not fit with the overall style of <lisp/faces.el>.

If you change the face `highlight`, I'll rewrite my patch to make
`blink-matching-paren-offscreen` inherit from it.

____________________

Eli, if you think my last patch helps, please don't install it yet,
because it defines a new face for `blink-matching-paren-offscreen` and
thus should be rewritten if Mattias changes face `highlight`.  Thanks.

By the way,

>    From: Eli Zaretskii
> Subject: Re: emacs-29 9b775ddc057 1/2
>    Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 16:22:12 +0300
>
> today, I've been at the keyboard, working on various Emacs issues
> for the last 7 hours without any breaks, and this is my weekend!

I appreciate the effort you're putting into resolving those issues,
but it's important to prioritize your own well-being too!  Perhaps
taking a break to recharge would be helpful.  Wish you all the best.

--
shynur