Re: eww bookmarks code naming for interactive functions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: eww bookmarks code naming for interactive functions
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 19:45:54 +0300

> From: Yoni Rabkin <yoni@rabkins.net>
> Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 12:29:00 -0400
>
> Would y'all accept a patch which changes function names such as
> `eww-bookmark-kill' to `eww-kill-bookmark'?

These commands exist since Emacs 28, AFAICT, so simply renaming them
now is not possible anymore.  But we can provide aliases by the new
names, which then will make this acceptable.

There's another aspect to this: renaming these will make some commands
harder to complete.  For example, there's already eww-browse, so
having eww-browse-bookmark will make eww-browse slightly harder to
invoke.  And for eww-next/previous-bookmark, I think having
eww-bookmark-next/previous instead would make awkward names.
Something to consider as a certain downside of your suggestion, I
guess.

Thanks.