Re: Dired subdirectories & the ls option time-style with the %R sequence

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Dired subdirectories & the ls option time-style with the %R sequence
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 23:41:37 +0700

On Wed, 24 May 2023 at 18:36, Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> wrote:

>     Gautier> Maybe `dired-insert-subdir' could search for "R" but exclude
> "%R"?
>
> Something like the following (untested) patch?
>
> -    (if (setq switches-have-R (and switches (string-match-p "R" switches)))
> +    (if (setq switches-have-R (and switches (string-match-p "[^%]R"
> switches)))

This looks like a kludge. Will any occurrences of ‘R’ also be
discarded in values for options such as ‘--hide’, ‘-I’|‘--ignore’, and
any new options introduced later that take an arbitrary user-supplied
string?

Also, will a ‘--recursive’ affect ‘dired-insert-subdir’ in the same
way that removing ‘R’ is designed to prevent?