RE: [External] : Re: Shrinking the C core

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Shrinking the C core
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 00:09:37 +0000

> > FWIW, +1 for your mail, Arthur -
> > pretty much each of the points you made.
> > ___
> >
> > As one who's used CL (long ago) but is
> > no expert about it or Elisp or Lisp
> > generally, I happen to agree about the
> > usefulness of keyword args _for users_.
>
> Interestingly, how things can be percieved wrongly over the wire.
> I always percieved you as an CL veteran and expert :).

Nope.  Just a long-ago user.  Being around a
long time can sometimes give the impression
of being a veteran.

> I think his friends, Eli and others, are too kind and
> would do Richard more favor if they told him when he
> is dead wrong

I have no reason to think Richard is dead
wrong about whether Elisp should have
keyword args.  I just related my (good)
experience with them in CL, as one user,
long ago.

Elisp could of course go in many directions.
That it hasn't taken certain directions I'm
generally thankful for, FWIW.  It's not a
bad language, and not every proposal or
imagined change represents real progress. ;-)