Re: Treesit Regression In ec4d29c4494f32acf0ff7c5632a1d951d957f084

From: Danny Freeman
Subject: Re: Treesit Regression In ec4d29c4494f32acf0ff7c5632a1d951d957f084
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 00:00:07 -0400

Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> writes:

> Hmmm, I can’t reproduce this. I’m getting
>
> Matched rule: ((parent-is "source") parent-bol 0)
> Matched rule: (clojure-ts--match-expression-in-body parent 2)
>
> The commit you pointed to does change treesit-node-parent, so it does match
> with parent-is matcher not working.
>
> Might be because I recently upgraded to a newer tree-sitter library. If you
> compile with the newest tree-sitter build (from their repo), do you still see
> this problem?

Before I was just using whatever tree-sitter version my distro packages.
Apparently v0.20.8 (built from the git tag of the same name)

I tried compiling with this version
https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter/commit/524bf7e2c664d4a5dbd0c20d4d10f1e58f99e8ce

which at the time of writing is the latest, and still experience the
same problem. I also made sure to re-compile my grammars.

I may have done something wrong though when building. I'm
going to try to build using a more traditional process rather than with
nix and see if that helps.

Thank you,
--
Danny Freeman