Re: Emacs Lisp Linter fail to identify function defined in a "use-packag

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp Linter fail to identify function defined in a "use-package" block
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 00:25:39 +0200

Kiong-Gē Liāu wrote:

> [...] or we need to change the linter's implementation code
> to make the linter to identify functions those are not
> defined at top-level (i.e., defun block within a use-package
> or with-eval-after-loan block)

Or a defun in a lexical let-closure, which currently the
byte-compiler don't see, so one has to do, e.g.

  (declare-function set-x-clipboard nil)

See if you can do the same thing and if that shuts up the
linter as well.

This is obviously not optimal, the byte-compiler, and the
linter as well, all tho I have no experience from it, should
be able to see them as they are in use in the global space
just like any top-level defun.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal