Re: How to make aot native-compilation and pdmp creation reproduceable

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: How to make aot native-compilation and pdmp creation reproduceable
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 05:15:55 -0400

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> Hello, Gerd.
>
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 08:21:51 +0200, Gerd Möllmann wrote:
>> Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:
>
>> >     $ configure --with-gpm --with-native-compilation --with-gif=no
>> >     --with-tiff=no
>
>> I think he's using --with-native-compilation=aot
>
> Yes.  I've tried it again with aot, and get the same binary twice over.
>
> However, when I build the same source tree in two different directories,
> the results differ.  In native-lisp/30.0.50-15c37793, there are ~22 .eln
> files differing between the two trees.  As the OP reported, one of the
> differing files is native-lisp/30.0.50-15c37793/preloaded/x-win-....eln.

Certanly the directory Emacs is built in does make a difference in what
we store into the eln files.

At loadup.el:534 `invocation-directory' comes into play when we fixup
native compilation units before dump.  This is to have Emacs (when we
resurrect from the dump file) working if installed or if the whole build
directory was moved.

Best Regards

  Andrea