Re: [ELPA] New package: dape

From: Krister Schuchardt
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: dape
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 12:52:27 +0200

Has `dapper` been suggested? Or `edapter`? Might be too silly.

Thanks for the initiative to provide an alternative.

Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> schrieb am Do., 19. Okt. 2023, 05:36:
Hi Daniel,

> "dbg" is nice and sweet, but I think it's a + for discoverability to have
> dap in the name of the package. How about eldap? If it should signify
> a connection to Eglot, maybe Ebug or even closer Dpoly? Or maybe a
> reference to Grace Hopper, hopper.
> Personally I like eldap, probably because it feels familiar.

Not that I was invited to this conversation, but I just wanted to point
out that "eldap" sounds and looks a lot like "LDAP," which might lead
users to think that it's related to LDAP rather than DAP.  :)