Re: [elpa] externals/denote 9f692cbbef: Revert "Make 'denote-{title, sig

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [elpa] externals/denote 9f692cbbef: Revert "Make 'denote-{title, signature}-prompt' complete from its history"
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 13:21:44 -0400

>     The idea to have completion is good, though this way it breaks with
>     the default minibuffer setup because SPC tries to complete the
>     inputted text. Thus the user cannot type freely. This does not happen
>     with packages that enhance the minibuffer User Interface, such as
>     'vertico'.

Yes, it's a common problem, but for historical reasons there's
a reluctance to change the SPC binding in the default completion UI.
You can work around it with something like

    (minibuffer-with-setup-hook
        (lambda ()
          (use-local-map (let ((map (make-composed-keymap
                                     nil (current-local-map))))
                           (define-key map (kbd "SPC") nil)
                           map)))
      ...)

We've had discussions around this in the past but no resolution yet.
Another bug report requesting an easier way to do that may help.

        Stefan