Re: Where to contribute manual translations ? (Re: Emacs-devel Digest, V

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Where to contribute manual translations ? (Re: Emacs-devel Digest, Vol 238, Issue 29)
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 03:29:45 +0000

> On Dec 31, 2023, at 12:15, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:

> Is this thread about translations of _the manuals included in the
> Emacs distribution_?  Or is it about how Info can access translations
> or manuals in general (including those not distributed with Emacs)?
>
> Or something else?

The thread started as a question regarding where to contribute Emacs
manuals French translation.

The digest to which I responded branched out as a summary of the
previous discussions regarding Emacs manuals translation/localization
and as a description of the current state of the French translation
effort.

The non-digest thread involving Eli and Stefan discusses the possible
locations of the translation sources, etc.

I am not aware that the discussion dealt with the way Info was
accessing translation.

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @jchelary@emacs.ch
https://traductaire-libre.org