SES manual French translation (Re: Where to contribute manual translatio

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: SES manual French translation (Re: Where to contribute manual translations ?)
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2024 07:57:01 +0000

Nice start for the new year :)

Hello Vincent,

> On Jan 1, 2024, at 9:27, Vincent Belaïche <vincent.b.1@hotmail.fr> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have pushed the French translation of SES manual to master,

It seems like you left French parts in the English manual as "todo
items".

For ex. l.168-210.

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/doc/misc/ses.texi#n168

Even if they're tagged as @ignore, I'm not sure that's good practice
for potential translators to other languages.

There are quite a few errors that could have been avoided by a
spelling/grammatical check. LanguageTool can be used in Emacs for this.
It is quite convenient. Here are a few :

c-à-d. → c.-à-d.
Les valeurs des cellules sont spécifiés → spécifiées
varaiables → variables

There are inconsistencies between infinitive form and imperative form
to describe actions. Etc.

Let me really suggest that we organize a proper process to
translate/proofread/commit, similar to what other big free software
endeavors have.

The Savannah project is dead. We can create another one, discuss our
issues there and push the deliverables to the Emacs repo when they are
ready.

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @jchelary@emacs.ch
https://traductaire-libre.org