Re: Ada-mode to be abandoned?

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Ada-mode to be abandoned?
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 09:45:19 +0800

Dmitry <dmitry@gutov.dev> writes:

> It's an extra burden to contributors: due to the limitations of our
> development workflow, everybody has to be subscribed to everything.
>
> Perhaps it doesn't make a difference to you, but I routinely have to
> page through notifications for commits and bug reports to features
> that I have no interest in (nor ability to meaningfully
> contribute).  Such as ERC, for example.

We also consider packages in ELPA components of Emacs for which we are
responsible, and bug reports for them do appear on our bug tracker from
time to time.  I suggest ignoring bug reports or commits with titles
that you are not concerned with.

The crucial difference between packages and translations is that once
they are complete, they are for good, and developments in other
components only infrequently affect them.  Maintainership is largely a
matter of fixing bugs, which is no obligation of yours.

> Or recall the recent troubles with Org, which wasted a lot of
> everybody's time.

Which, whose, when?